BECOME A SPONSOR
FOR REST STOPS + AID STATIONS
PICK UP PACKETS AUGUST 18TH After 1:00pm
Pick up location at Bixby Bicycles - 8315 E. 111th S. Bixby, OK
If you'd like to sign up to ride, you can do it on 8/18 after 1:00pm.
UPDATED INFORMATION 7/25/23
- Can I ride an E bike? Yes, you can.
- Can I ride a tri bike or a bike with aero bars? Yes, you can, we ask you not to be in the aero bars while in a group.
- Can I wear ear buds? No, we would like everyone to be alert and focused to avoid any possible crashes.
- Can I play two hands at the poker game? Yes, you will have to buy / pay for two entries.
- If I ride the 40-mile route, can I play the 60-mile route game? No, each athlete that signs up must play their poker hand in their category. Exceptions are made for mishaps. Must be approved by the promoter.
- Can I ride a Trike? Yes, we have opened Blazing Saddles up to tadpole trikes.
- Are the routes marked? Yes.
- Are there rest stops? Yes, between 10 to 20 miles apart.
- Can I sign up the day of the event? Yes. It helps us if you sign up online, however walk ups are welcome.
- Can I do the run and ride? Yes.
- Can I pick up my packages before Aug 19th. Yes, at Bixby Bicycles.
- Registration opens at 6 am.
- All riders go off at 7:30 am.
- Poker games start at different times based upon the category you are in. Please see www.Blazingsaddlesok.com for details.
- Burgers will be cooked between 11 am to 4 pm.
Poker game for each class
- 13 mile route - 10:30 am - 2.5 hours to complete route
- 28 mile route - 11:30 am - 3.5 hours to complete route
- 40 mile route - 12:30 pm - 4.5 hours to complete route
- 62 mile route - 1:30 pm - 5.5 hours to complete route
- 103 mile route - 2:30 pm (sub 5 hour century) - 6.5 hours to complete route
- 107 mile route - Estimated 4 to 4:30 pm (over 5 hour century) - 8 to 9 hours to complete route
WHAT DO I GET FOR SIGNING UP?
- Each athlete will receive one free ticket for the Denago E bike Drawing.
- You get a free lunch sponsored by The Bridge Church.
- Each route will have plenty of rest stops and cold drinks.
- A good chance you will win a great prize or possibly the grand prize from the Hard Rock Casino.
- You will be helping raise money for Team Suicide Prevention, which is currently working with the 988 hot line, the Coffee Bunker, Hope is Alive and Hope is Oxygen.
- You will be a part of a great event that is in its seventh year and growing.
WHO WE ARE AND WHY WE RIDE
Blazing Saddles was established in 2018 to unite families, churches, and communities and provide help and care to individuals and organizations in need. Our goal is to bring a community together with a common interest in cycling and running, to help save a life, one person at a time, and heal families that have suffered a loss due to suicide. The Blazing Saddles Ride and Run benefit Suicide Prevention, Coffee Bunkers, Hope is Oxygen, and Hope is Alive organizations.
AUGUST 19, 2023
BLAZING SADDLES POKER RIDE
Blazing saddles is a gran fondo style ride and a 5K run. It is to benefit Suicide Prevention, along with Coffee Bunker, Hope is Oxygen and Hope is Alive.
Our goal is to bring a community together with a common interested of cycling and running. To help save a life, one person at time and to heal families that has suffered a lost due to suicide.